fmPreferences - fmBridgeConnection
Bridge is just another way to connect to your database. Usually program uses direct MySQL connection to remote database, installed at website or some other web server. In some cases this type of connection does not work - your hosting provider may not allow direct connections or your LAN settings/firewall prevent connection from being established. Bridge allows you to work with remote database without direct MySQL connection established.
While working through bridge you must store your temporary data somewhere in local database. Bridge.php is used only for two major operations - getting data from remote database and posting data to that database. You have to understand the difference between Bridge connection and MySQL connection. Bridge.php is not a connection itself, actually this is just a way to transfer data between remote and local machine and nothing else.
To configure PHP MySQL Bridge Connection, follow a few steps:
1. Download the latest version of PHP MySQL Bridge here (recommended) or open your application main directory - usually it is "C:\Program Files\MagneticOne\Store Manager for ... " and find directory "Service" there. Inside this directory you can find bridge.php file.
2. Important. Edit bridge.php file - change default user name (default username is 1) and password (default password is 1) to keep your store protected.
Open bridge.php file (you can open it using NotePad or WordPad) and find the following lines there:
$username = "1";
Put your own values instead of "1" in both lines. Also here you can find how you can make Bridge connection more secure.
You may keep all other settings as they are, unless you have some errors.
3. Copy bridge to your online store root (catalog) directory. Bridge
should be accessible, for example http://www.myonlinestore.com/bridge.php, where http://www.myonlinestore.com. is the URL of your store.
Tip: Also it is recommended to run Bridge.php Self Test. It checks your website to make sure that there are no problems with your hosting configuration. If any problems are found, your hosting support will be able to solve them.
4. Open Store Manager -> Tools -> Preferences and enable PHP MySQL bridge connection check-box.
5. Specify the following PHP MySQL Bridge and Local Database Connection Settings:
Note: Local database and your store database are two different
databases and their names may be either different or the same. It's up to you to decide, since database name won't affect in any way connection settings.
Tip: Use Test Connection button to verify if all settings are correct.
Important: If you wish to create new local database you can type its name manually and use test connection button. You'll see the notification that local database with specified name does not exist and Store Manager may ask you to create one.
Note that it is not your live store database, it is your local database used to work with your data locally. In order to see your live store data you need to Get Data from Web either using Tools -> Database Bridge -> Get Data from Web or using the corresponding Action (see below for options).
Tip: Use Bridge.php Self Test Tool to check your
website and to make sure that there are no any problems with your hosting
configuration. If any problems are found, your hosting support will be able to solve them.
Also you can use Database Connection Wizard to setup your connection or make Database Backup/Restore by selecting the corresponding actions from the drop-down.
Please see our troubleshooter at support.magneticone.com under Troubleshooter >> Configure Database Connection to get a step-by-step assistance.
7. Now you have to retrieve data from your web store into your local database. In main application window select Tools -> Database Bridge -> Get Data from Web or use the corresponding Action in Preferences.
Wait till the data are transferred. Depending on database size and connection speed it may take from a few seconds to several hours (large database + slow connection). Follow few steps of Backup/Restore wizard. Now you may work with your store - add/modify products, categories, import products etc.
8. It is important to post all changes you have made to your online store. Select Tools -> Database Bridge -> Post Changes to Web or use the corresponding Action in Preferences. This action will post all commands stored in Pending Bridge Data section to bridge.php installed on your store. When Bridge receives the file, it will execute all commands one-by-one in order they were stored/made. After all commands executed successfully, your remote store will reflect all the changes that you have made locally.
9. Check whether all changes you've made were reflected on web store properly.
Also you can Clear all Changes (will clear all commands), but pay attention that you won't be able to undo this action.
If you have difficulties with "tmp" folder please check this article for help.
Note: It is strongly recommended to create database backup before performing any mass operations which may be potentially unsafe.
1. Quick Start Guide >