This section describes how to setup HTTP Tunnel connection in Store Manager for osCommerce.
HTTP tunnel is an alternative way of connecting to your database which possesses the advantages of both direct and bridge connection.This
type of connection is useful if you don’t have direct access to MySQL
database. Also, you don’t need to do POST \ GET operations to
synchronize data with your store, all changes will be reflected in
To configure HTTP Tunnel connection, follow a few steps listed below:
- Open your application main directory - usually it is "C:\Program
Files\MagneticOne\Store Manager for osCommerce" and find directory
"Service" there. Inside this directory you can find sm_tunnel.php file.
- Copy sm_tunnel.php file to your online store root (catalog) directory via FTP. Tunnel should be accessible from web as here - http://www.onlinestore.com/sm_tunnel.php whereas http://www.onlinestore.com
is your store URL. If you uploaded file correctly, you will receive
the message - “Tunnel script is installed correctly. You can establish
connections through the HTTP tunnel.”
- Open your store root folder -> includes directory and find there
configure.php or config.php file.
If database server name
(host) is defined here (like 'http://www.servername.com'), you should use this one (servername.com).
If it is defined as 'localhost', it means you should use your server
name. Your server name is defined in configure.php or config.php at the
define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'login'); //here your User Name (login) is defined
define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '123456'); //here your password is defined
define('DB_DATABASE', 'remote_database_name'); //here your database name is defined
- In your Store Manager open Preferences -> Actions -> Create new
configuration and then put the name of the configuration.
- Next check checkbox - Direct connection through HTTP Tunnel
- Specify Remote Database Connection Settings:
- Tunnel address - Specify tunnel address, it should look like http://www.onlinestore.com/sm_tunnel.php where - http://www.onlinestore.com is your store URL.
- Port - 3306 is used in most cases (please ask your hosting provider to check if the one is used)
- Host, User name (login), Password and Database (name) - specify your hostname, database username, password and database name, which you have found at your configure.php or config.php file.
may type database name manually or use browse button [...] to see the
list of available databases and select the one you need from the
7. Use the Test Connection button to verify if all settings are correct and connection to your remote database is possible.
8. Click Ok to save this entry, close Preferences and to connect to your database, or click cancel to discard this entry.