This section will help you to export your osCommerce products to
comma-separated values file (.csv), which can be easily opened in MS
Excel or other application for detailed analysis.
To export products from osCommerce follow a few steps listed below:
1. Go to Tools -> Import/Export -> Import/Export Products. Select Export and click Next > button to proceed.
2. Store Manager can export osCommerce products to .csv file. You should enter the file name or select one (using browse ) to replace the current file.
Also you can Save Export Settings for future or load one to use now.
3. On the next page you can see some general export options.
- Products you'd like to export. Default setting for this
option is to export all products to current store. If you wish to
export products only from the category highlighted in bold, select Only
from current category option. If you wish to export products only from
specific category, you'll need to make sure that this category is open before
you run the Wizard. If you'd like to include products from current
subcategories, please check Export all subcategories. Otherwise products
will be exported only from the parent (current) category.
- Export image name - is exporting image names as they are in products (database): some_image.jpg when AS IS option is checked. If you select Full option, image name field will contain URL that can be opened in a browser
- Export only current language option is useful
if your store is running in more than one language. You can switch
languages by pressing [Ctrl]+[L] key combination or in Tools->Store
Language. If this option is unchecked, then all the languages will be exported
- Group fields by language option can be used if your
store is running in more than one language and Export only current
language option is unchecked. This option will group fields in export
file by language: all fields in current language will be placed first and Fields
in second (third, etc.) language will follow them. If this option is unchecked, the fields in ultimate file
will be grouped like shown below:
4. Fields Delimiter page requires some important settings. Check them to ensure proper configuration.
- First option is delimiter character. Most popular delimiters are comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ), however other symbols can be used as well.
Export file is usually generated for further import. If
incorrect delimiter is specified during import, the file will not be parsed
properly and products will not be imported.
- Second option is quote
string values with. It is used to separate strings in CSV file.
- Next delimiter is category delimiter. This is not native
.csv setting; it is used only in Store Manager. As you know categories
are organized in a form of tree, where one category can contain may or
more subcategories which in their turn may contain one or more other
categories. Category delimiter character is used to separate category
names and specify full category tree path for given product. Category
path is very similar to directory path, and is used to specify full file name
in Windows, where every directory separated by backslash (\) character
like shown in the example: C:\Program Files\MagneticOne\Store Manager for X-Cart\.
For instance, category path for "Sample Subcategory" (see image
below) will be Hardware|Graphics Cards|Sample Subcategory. Pipe (|)
character is used as a separator.
5. Select fields you would like to export:
All available fields that can be exported are listed in left pane.
Select fields you want to export and click ">" button to move
them to right pane. If you'd like to export all fields simply press
">>". The order in which columns will be saved in .csv file can be
changed. To perform this, please move exported columns up and down using
6. Preview export file and proceed.
Choose which action to perform after saving export data, use "None"
option and Wizard will be automatically closed. If you wish to open a
directory containing result file, check corresponding option. Open
result file option allows you to see export file in Excel.
Also you can Save Export Settings for future export of osCommerce products or load one.
Attention! When you press "Export" Button, osCommerce products
export process will start! You can save all your Export Settings or
Now your osCommerce products export is finished.